The medical community continues to learn at a rapid pace as this pandemic progresses. Now that effective vaccines are available, it is important to understand how you respond and if you may be at continued risk of infection.
What You Need To Know
Why COVID-19 ANTIBODY TESTING from Allermetrix?
Be sure that you and your loved ones know your quantitative COVID-19 antibodies levels.
How do I get the test?
1. You will receive an information package and supplies in the mail.
2. Take the information package with test supplies to your healthcare professional to discuss the reason for testing these antibodies. They must sign the request form.
3. Have your blood drawn and sent to Allermetrix in the prepaid mailer.
4. Allermetrix will send your results to both you and your healthcare professional.
The COVID pandemic gave us a sobering year in 2020, with ongoing pressure on the global medical and financial worlds. Rapidly developed vaccines are finally providing hope.
Things are moving fast, with new questions arising almost daily.
As a physician, I was fortunate to receive a vaccine early, I felt a burden was somewhat lifted. However, wanting an extra level of confidence, I sought information about antibody testing. I learned that the standard antibody tests offered in most clinics and hospitals answer the question of exposure and infection, but not response to the vaccine.
I underwent a simple blood test by Allermetrix, confirming my immune system's vigorous response to the vaccine, Though I will continue to practice social distancing and masking until the pandemic is over, this knowledge has given me an extra sense of freedom.
- a senior Tennessee physician